Cardiopulmonary physiotherapy, as the name implies, is a method of managing lung and heart health using physiotherapy.
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (also known as Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation) is a supervised exercise programme that includes education, counselling, stress management, smoking cessation, and other lifestyle changes to prevent or reverse the progression of cardiac and pulmonary diseases.
1. Acute Cardiac Rehabilitation is performed in ICUs and hospital wards.
2. Outpatient Rehabilitation Program – regular visit to Physiotherapy Clinic or Home visits
3. Independent Ongoing Maintenance entails just follow up visits to a physiotherapist for long-term care.
• COPD or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
• Cystic fibrosis
• Myocardial infarction
• Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
• Congestive Cardiac Failure (CCF)
• Respiratory Infections, i.e. Pneumonia
• Peripheral Vascular Disease
• Heart Attack (MI)
• Heart or lung injury or surgery
If your cardiopulmonary physiotherapist has assessed you and prescribed you the exercises, it is advisable to do it and keep periodic follow up with the physiotherapist.
What are some cardiopulmonary exercises and techniques that are done at Mannat Physio Care Clinic?
Cardiopulmonary physiotherapists treat patients using physical modalities. Manual treatments may be used to remove contaminated mucus from a person's chest, noninvasive ventilation may be used to assist a person breathe, or workouts may be prescribed to increase a patient's functional exercise capacity.
• Deep Breathing Exercise – improves lung capacity.
• Hands-on Methods and Facilitation Exercises for breathing – increases lung capacity and remove phlegm.
• Percussions and vibrations – aids in the loosening of secretions and the ease of coughing
• Coughing and Breathing Techniques – assists in coughing and managing shortness of breath
• Exercises for Breathing and Circulation – prevents additional respiratory and vascular issues such as any chest infection and deep venous thrombosis (DVTs)
• Individualized Exercises – helps to manage the breathing, increase muscular strength and endurance, and enhance the overall health and well-being.
• Minor lung infections can be avoided with physiotherapy
• Exercising Breathing Control:
• Breathing Technique with an Active Cycle
• Breathing pattern evaluation
• Coughing with assistance
• Autogenic drainage
Cardiopulmonary physiotherapy is often done at home. A physiotherapist visits your home and prescribe you exercises. Call at xxxxxxxx to request an expert physiotherapy from Mannat Physio Care Clinic.